BEAT THE HEAT!
Hi Beauties! Bid farewell to the cold winter and embrace the happy sunshineâ€”beaches, vacations, breezy dresses, sleeveless outfits, late evening parties with plenty of ice in your drink. Well, the summer does bring in its share of blues with it in the form of parched skin, frizzy hair, unwanted tans and sweaty smelly bodies, hehe. Okay, life is not all gloomy if you know how to look after yourself, to beat the heat. Follow these simple rules and breeze through the summer in style.
- At night, you can use a peel that contains exfoliating acids, to scrub off the oil from your pores that makes your skin more susceptible to sun damage during the day. During the day, apply a medicated sunscreen (with SPF 30 or higher) 15 minutes before you set out in the sun, to protect your skin from UV-A and UV-B rays.
- Use a bright coloured lip gloss with SPF, since the dry air can cause your lips to shrivel.
- Even if you havenâ€™t coloured your hair, switch to a colour protecting shampoo and conditioner since they aid in retaining the natural colour and sheen of your hair
- Tea-tree oils, aloe vera based soaps and body washes provide that cool refreshing feeling and helps to keep your perspiration under check
- Melt proof make ups come really handy. Using a primer before applying a foundation helps to keep your make up intact by concealing your pores as the mercury soars.
- Protect your nails from the UV rays by using a good top coat with UV protection which you can also wear over your favorite nail colours
- Even the cutest pair of sandals in the world can’t makeup for a callused heel. So use a metal file once a week before getting in the shower, moving the file from the outside to the center to avoid creating rough edges, giving you beautiful feet.
Hair Spa @ home
Give your hair the much needed reprieve from the heat. Try out this apple cider vinegar rinse, which can be applied once a week to deep clean your hair and give it that healthy shine. Dilute half a cup of apple cider vinegar with one and a half cups of water and a few drops of lavender essential oil, to mask the smell. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and spray it on the dry hair roots, massaging your scalp. Leave it on for five minutes and rinse thoroughly.
‘Aloe Vera Pack’ for that glowing skin!
Make a paste with a pinch of turmeric, one teaspoon honey, one teaspoon milk and few drops of rose water. Add aloe vera gel to the paste and mix it. Apply the pack on your face and neck evenly for about 20 minutes, then wash it off with luke warm or cold water and pat dry with a clean towel or clean tissue to get a glowing skin.
Summer 2017â€”After effects of demonetization will have all wanting to be fashionable but in budget. Layering loose breathable fabrics will be in demand. Cuts and silhouettes will be the trend rather than embroidery. Organza will be used for a light flowing look. Stripes, checks teamed with floral will be the look.